...crazy owners... Index du Forum
S’enregistrerRechercherFAQMembresGroupesConnexion
Gareth Southgate to name England's World Cup squad early

Répondre au sujet    ...crazy owners... Index du Forum » ...crazy owners... » ...crazy owners... Sujet précédent
Sujet suivant
Gareth Southgate to name England's World Cup squad early
Auteur Message
oudom5232
Invité

Message Gareth Southgate to name England's World Cup squad early Répondre en citant

sbobet มือ ถือ England manager Gareth Southgate plans to name his 23-man World Cup squad early to ease pressure on preparations.

Tuesday's 1-1 draw with Italy was England's last match before Southgate names the travelling party heading to this summer's finals in Russia.

Southgate has until May 14 to give England's 35-man provisional squad to FIFA and needs to whittle it down to 23 by June 4 - two days after England's next friendly against Nigeria.

But in a bid to have roles clearly defined in preparation for the finals, Southgate will name his squad before the penultimate warm-up friendly and the announcement is expected shortly after the end of the Premier League season.

"I'd like to [name the squad before the next friendly] because you end up being able to run a performance camp rather than a selection camp," the England manager said.

"I think there's a difference in the feel for everybody.

"If you name 28 and they aren't sure, but if you name 23 and five on standby - which Sven [Goran Eriksson] did well - then everyone knows where they sit.

"Those on standby have a chance but they come into the camp knowing that's their role. sbobet มือ ถือ

"If you have got 28 or 30 who think they might have a chance, then there's a lot of uncertainty and anxiety within the games.

"For me, it's much better to get the 23 secured and work from there."

But as a veteran of major tournaments as a player - including seeing Paul Gascoigne's heartbreak up close in 1998 - the England boss knows better than most the sensitives surrounding selection.

"It's very important," he said. "But I think already across this week, guys would have a pretty good idea of where they sit. It's about managing expectations, I suppose.

"There are some who obviously know that they have worked with us for quite a while and the reality is they are going to be part of the squad.

"There are others that know - after the conversations I've had with them - that they are just on the edge of it.

"But I think that's important because then it doesn't come as a huge surprise to anybody.

"I've got to keep those conversations going over the next few weeks to keep letting people know how I see it, so that in the end it doesn't come as dramatically to people.

"But as a manager you have got to have difficult conversations all the time. It's delivering that as respectfully as possible, but it's never enjoyable for either person."

Southgate already has a "pretty clear" idea about how he will fill 20 of the slots, just as he knows what he wants to do when it comes to No 1 and skipper.

The England manager knows who he would want his goalkeeper to be if they played tomorrow and promised to commit to that player in Russia, with Jordan Pickford perhaps having edged ahead of Jack Butland. sbobet มือ ถือ

Jeu 29 Mar - 08:02 (2018)
Publicité

Message Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Jeu 29 Mar - 08:02 (2018)
chanoudom

Message La Liga round-up: Maxi Gomez and Iago Aspas seal Celta Vigo Répondre en citant
La Liga round-up: Maxi Gomez and Iago Aspas seal Celta Vigo win

sbobet asian Maxi Gomez and Iago Aspas both scored two goals apiece as Celta Vigo finished the season with a 4-2 home victory against in-form Levante. Paco Lopez's visiting Levante side had dismissed any relegation concerns on the back of an impressive five-match winning streak - including ending Barcelona's long unbeaten run last weekend - and they took an early lead through Ruben Rochina.

However, Celta, who announced on Saturday that coach Juan Carlos Unzue will not be continuing in his post, mounted an impressive response. Gomez struck either side of Aspas' double to put the result beyond doubt with little over an hour on the clock, before Jose Luis Morales scored a consolation goal for Levante 15 minutes from time.

There were also plenty of goals at the Estadio Municipal de Butarque where Leganes were 3-2 winners against Real Betis, despite playing much of the match with 10 men. Betis forward Joel Campbell opened the scoring after 20 minutes before things got worse for the hosts with a red card for Diego Rico four minutes later. sbobet asian

However, the 10 men rallied and goals from Dimitris Siovas and Jose Naranjo turned the game on its head. Antonio Sanabria levelled things up after 76 minutes but the hosts would not be denied and Nordin Amrabat netted the winning goal shortly afterwards. Cristhian Stuani scored both of Girona's goals as they finished the campaign with a 2-1 win at relegated Las Palmas, who had levelled through a Jonathan Calleri penalty.

Loic Remy's spot-kick gave Getafe a 1-0 win at bottom club Malaga while Wissam Ben Yedder was on target as Sevilla won by the same scoreline at home against Alaves. Real Madrid also blew a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 with Villarreal in their final La Liga match ahead of the Champions League final against Liverpool. sbobet asian

Dim 20 Mai - 11:05 (2018) ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

Message Gareth Southgate to name England's World Cup squad early

Aujourd’hui à 11:40 (2018)
Répondre au sujet    ...crazy owners... Index du Forum » ...crazy owners... » ...crazy owners... Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: 

Portail | Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation